14 May 2009

Why Censorship is a Bad Idea

Look at what censorship could do to the famous I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat speech of Sir Winston Churchill:

Winston Churchill v sign censored

"We shall go on to the end, we shall CENSORED in France, we shall CENSORED on the seas and oceans, we shall CENSORED with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall CENSORED on the beaches, we shall CENSORED on the landing grounds, we shall CENSORED in the fields and in the streets, we shall CENSORED in the hills; we shall never surrender..!"

Somehow, getting the full story seems less shocking.

2 comments:

Jeanine said...

I agree that censorship leads to all kinds of problems.

evilsquirrelo1 said...

lol, yes I agree its a bad idea. How else can people express what they really ought to say?

Google sucks piles I'm moving to Steemit

Short and sweet, Google isn't allowing me to post ads on my blogs here on blogspot any longer. Not that I provide my angry nerd rants fo...