22 March 2010

Blogs 4 Free Press


Apparently the ANCYL (whose members are all rather old to be in the YOUTH league) are trying to censor the press. It is thanks to the press, you see, that we know about their dodgy dealings with mining conglomerates and all the grey cats that Jacob Zuma likes to tickle in the dark. The obvious solution here is not to fix the problems, but to prevent us from knowing about the problems. Well, there's just one thorn in the side of this solution:

The Bill of Rights


The section on freedom of speech:

Everyone has the right to freedom of expression, which includes
  1. freedom of the press and other media;

  2. freedom to receive or impart information or ideas;

  3. freedom of artistic creativity; and

  4. academic freedom and freedom of scientific research.


That's all there is to it, really. So please join me in saying fuck the ANCYL while we are still allowed to say it.

For more information, see Chris Roper's blog.
Also see Sipho Hlongwane's blog.

Note that I put the image on the far left. That's just a coincidence, honest.

No comments:

Google sucks piles I'm moving to Steemit

Short and sweet, Google isn't allowing me to post ads on my blogs here on blogspot any longer. Not that I provide my angry nerd rants fo...